Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Beginning of the Aftermath

My good news is that I got Glory into the vet Wednesday morning and she was pain free almost immediately. It also happened to be time for her annual exam (I had no idea), so killed two birds.

The water is still rising in some neighborhoods near the reservoirs. My cousin, Charles, had to evacuate and sadly, that's all I know. I'm sure they're safe, but have no idea about the level of damage to their home. I am just so proud of the people in and around the Houston area, as well as the whole country, coming to help. It's good to be a Texan at times like this.

I drove into town this afternoon for lunch with my Heights friends. They all stayed dry, too, but the traffic going and coming was horrendous! The toll roads are free now, but people on the freeway kept swerving over into the toll lanes and then jumping back over before thy hit the cameras (which were off). I don't know if they were all just lookie-loos or actually had someplace to go. It was like rush hour, so I watched my alcohol intake since I had to come back in the same mess. Whew, I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment