Sunday, March 12, 2017

And the party continues...

So often I feel guilty about all the fun I'm having... it almost feels hedonistic. Oh sure, I volunteer at the school two days a week, mentor at Krause House, and tutor three days a week, but let's face it, that's only six hours out of the entire week. A drop in the bucket. The rest of my time is spent walking the dogs, attending yoga and cardio classes, and entertaining myself at home. It's a great life, but surely you can understand my guilt. But I'm not complaining because I love my life, probably more now than at any other time and I feel so very blessed.

Tuesday we went to the horse races, which is always a fun day. Eating, drinking, and gambling is a great way to spend an afternoon with friends and I only lost $4. I call that a good day at the track. Friday I had a colonoscopy and except for the massive quantities of vile tasting liquid I had to drink, it really wasn't too bad. This was my fourth and I had two polyps removed, but that's par for the course. Now I suppose I'll have to go back in three years, but there are certainly worse things to endure.

Last night I had some friends over for pizza and games and then today I met Allison, Sally, Roy, and Manuel for brunch. This coming week is spring break so I hope to get my taxes and some yard work done. All is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment