Sunday, January 22, 2017

Amelia Lyons Birthday

This amazing woman is my aunt and I couldn't be more fortunate. Even though she raised twelve beautiful children, she has so many more who love her dearly, including me and my three brothers. I stopped by to see her yesterday afternoon to wish her a happy birthday. She hadn't been feeling well, so was staying in this weekend just to be sure she's over it. We had a nice visit and I'm determined to go see her more often.

After leaving her house, I met Manuel, Allison, and Roy for lunch and we stayed for two hours. We met at a little wine bar in the Heights which was delightful (although I felt the wine was way too pricey). But the food was great... we shared four appetizers and a dessert, my kind of meal! It had been at least 15 years since we've all been together, so there was a lot of catching up to do.

Earlier in the week, one of my neighbor friends hosted a little dinner for me and my travel buddies to send one off on a month long trip to Singapore. Her daughter and family moved there last summer for three years, so I know her three grandkids are as happy to see her as she is to see them. She emailed us that she got there safely and we'll definitely miss her while she's gone. She's one of my yoga buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment