Sunday, January 29, 2017

Go for the Gold!

I took this photo one morning as my pups and I were headed out for our walk. I felt it was a message from God (or one of my many guardian angels) that I was going to have a beautiful day and I did. I don't know why it made me so happy.

I'm delighted to report that I went to ALL of my exercise classes this week for the very first time. Yoga was on Monday and Wednesday at 9 and then I went to the Y at 11:30 on both days for my cardio/strength training class. Then again to the Y on Friday. Oh, how I wish yoga was on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it's not and I was so proud of myself that I plan to do it again this week. We work on balance in both classes (since we're old) and mine is terrible. I haven't actually seen any improvement over the last two years, but I keep trying. I was never able to roller skate as a child and even now can barely stand on one leg long enough to put my underpants on, but I'm not giving up.

We played Bunko at the clubhouse last night and it was a hoot! There were 10 or 12 tables and since you move after every game, I met a lot of new people. And now I can't wait till we do it again.

Kay and Kori came over this afternoon and Kay and I discussed out trip to New York next month. We  (meaning I) have a lot of coats at the ready depending on the weather, not to mention gloves and hats. Living in Arkansas and walking the dogs in very cold temps has prepared me. But I won't lie... I'm nervous about what the weather holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment