Sunday, January 15, 2017

Second Week of the New Year

Kay and I went to see La La Land on Thursday and for the most part, I loved it. I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but friends have explained to me how it was actually a vey good end if you think about it. Guess I'm just too shallow to appreciate the realistic end to relationships.

I played Trivia last night, but we kept checking in on the Texans game, not expecting a good outcome, but very hopeful. Sadly, the Patriots stomped us, but at least it wasn't as embarrassing as the last time we played them. So now my allegiance turns to the Cowboys and I paused the game at halftime to walk the dogs, so don't know the outcome yet. It's not looking good, but I'm forever the optimist.

The best part of the week came today when I had lunch with Manuel, my old friend from Chile. I haven't seen him in 15 years, but of course, it was like we'd never been apart. When we first met in 1992 his sons were still living in Chile, but moved here to live with him when they were 12 and 14. They're now 32 and 34 and I've really missed seeing them. Both of them have become very successful... one owns his own recycling business and the other is an architect. Manuel has a lot to be proud of. We're going to get together again next weekend (because he still works as an administrator at Houston Community College) and I'm already looking forward to it. There's just nothing like reconnecting with old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment