Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Day

This pic was taken last night as we played a game called Speak Out. You had to put this contraption in your mouth and then read a card and tell your partner what was on the card. But of course, it was very difficult to figure out because it was impossible to say any words which involved putting your lips together. I was actually good at guessing, but terrible at saying my phrase. I have to say, it was pretty damned funny, but I'd be just fine if I never played again!

Today was a bit of a disappointment for two reasons. First of all, there was no Rose Bowl parade or college games because of the NFL. That's just wrong. And secondly, neither the Texans nor the Cowboys had to win their games today because they both had already made the playoffs, but both teams lost. The Cowboys were smart and played their 3rd string quarterback, but the Texans foolishly used their starting quarterback who left the game with a concussion at the half. What the hell were they thinking?

One of my friends had three of us over for dinner tonight as we worked on planning our trip in the spring or fall, originally going to Panama. We quickly learned that these time share things book very quickly and missed out. So now we're working on options. I'll tell you next Sunday where we're going. Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment