Sunday, April 2, 2017

And She's Down Again!

It's not my pleasure to report that I fell once again due to my own stupidity. I take Trazadone to help me sleep and it's the best miracle drug I've ever found... not addictive and I sleep better than I ever have in my adult life. The bad news is that one is good but two are terrible. I accidentally took two on Tuesday night because I forgot I took the first one. I realized my mistake immediately, but just assumed I'd sleep even better than normal. But not so... I remember getting up to go to the bathroom and the next thing I'm aware of is waking up on the floor. I had hit my forehead and had a pretty bad headache, but made it back to bed and continued to sleep restlessly. When I got up the next morning I had quite a bump on my head. I didn't feel great but took the dogs out for a short walk, then stayed on the couch the rest of the day. When I was ready to walk the dogs in the evening I looked in the mirror for the first time since morning and had two huge shiners. Dammit!

The next morning the bruising and swelling had moved down my face to the bottom of my nose. And it's only gotten worse since then. Based on Dr. Google, I'm pretty sure I have a concussion, but everything I read stated that the only cure is rest.  I did call my doctor but couldn't get in until the 11th and figured I'd be fine by then so didn't make an appointment. In the days since I've realized that was a mistake because I continue to have headaches daily and am more tired each day. So tomorrow I'll call the doctor again, speak to a nurse, and try to get in sooner. So we'll see, but in the meantime, I'm happy on my couch thanks to Netflix, Amazon books, and wonderful friends who have been to the grocery store for me as well as stopping in to visit. I really think they just want to see how bad I look. Can't say as I blame 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment