Sunday, April 23, 2017

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

 I'm not gonna lie... this was our first stop after landing in Seattle (per my request). We bought some cookies and chocolate and although everyone did not participate, those who did were happier.

It was a 4-hour drive to our destination on Lake Chelan and it's been a long time since I was in such a beautiful place. I could have stayed for a month! There were 27 wineries in the area and we didn't even attempt to hit them all, but with the help of Yelp and Trip Advisor, I'm certain that we definitely got to all the best ones. Sipping on wine while viewing snow-capped mountains was my favorite part of the trip, especially on the sunny days. However one winery was so totally different that I couldn't help but love it. It was called Karma and was basically a cave built into the side of a mountain. I enjoyed a champagne flight of three different champagnes and they were all full-sized. I definitely got my money's worth, but I was pretty worthless afterwards. It was just so cool!

This was a trip that one of my Katy friends got as a time share from a man in her Sunday school class. I really didn't want to go after New York and with Africa on the horizon, but it was just too cheap to pass up. And now I hope to go back some day in September when the grapevines and apple orchards are all ready for harvest. It's gonna happen!

And on the home front, I had a dog sitter staying at the house and was so surprised when I received a text one morning that Simon had killed a rat in the backyard. What??? My little strange bird, Simon? She said Glory wasn't even interested in it and I would have pegged Glory as the hunter. Apparently I was very wrong. Anyway, the best part of this story is that I wasn't there to deal with it. Hallelujah!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment