Sunday, April 9, 2017

What a Difference a Week Makes (kinda)

Continuing where I left off... I spoke to a nurse in my doctor's office Monday morning and she told me to go to the ER immediately. So I did and they did a CAT scan and there was no bleeding in the brain. The doctor said I probably had a mild concussion and to expect a one to two week healing process (I'm now on day 10). She also said that the headaches were caused by the blood from my forehead draining down into my face... sooo attractive! So I felt better immediately and the headaches aren't nearly as bad now as they were, mainly just a nuisance. So by Wednesday I was feeling pretty good and needed to get out of the house, starting with the grocery store. Then Thursday I got a pedicure and a haircut. Even though I carefully put on special makeup, the blue still showed through on my face and everyone I saw asked what happened when I thought I looked great.

I looked even better yesterday and went to the clubhouse to play Trivia last night. Imagine my surprise when everyone I saw was actually shocked and one woman even told me I looked like a Smurf! So at this point I feel good, but look bad. And I just don't care anymore. Tomorrow I'll be back in my old routine and really looking forward to it. The only bad thing is I have to have a passport picture made on Tuesday, so that might end up being a real joke. And you know what? I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment