Monday, August 28, 2017

Damn, Harvey!

What can I say that you don't already know? It has now been raining for four days and we expect one or two more. We've been able to drive around our subdivision until today. A few homes have flooded at the back (I'm in the front). My street is still clear, but one of the main through streets is under water. A fire truck has been in here all day, turning people away from the water. While we've had neighborhood parties the last three nights, we decided to meet this afternoon instead of this evening. But that wasn't possible. The bayou close by has dropped over a foot and a half since this morning, so that's good news. I still have plenty of food, although I'm out of some of my favorites. But compared to what the rest of this area is going through, I have absolutely no worries. I feel guilty that so much suffering is all around me and the only thing I can do is pray.

One of Glory's dewclaws is growing into her skin and she's definitely in pain. I sent an email to my vet, not really expecting an answer, but she replied immediately and told me what to give her for the pain (Simon's arthritis pills). Then later she called to give me the name of an emergency clinic that's open, but when I explained that I can't get out, she said just to keep giving her the pills until their office is open again... hopefully Wednesday. This just sucks for everybody. I'm so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment