Sunday, August 20, 2017

One of my heroes

This is Shaban, a wonderful man and new hero of mine. He is a major part of Charles and Karen's support system. I doubt I can list all the things he does for them, but he does a lot - he's their driver, as none of them drive anymore and I don't blame them. The roads are horrible and there are adults and children all on the edge of the streets which would make anyone nervous. He takes care of everything around the compound and is always happy. He laughs at everything which makes him fun just to be around. Charles told me that Tanzania is half Christian and half Muslim and Shaban is a Muslim. When Charles asked him if he would have a problem working for Christians, he replied, "Do you see that tree out there? God is the trunk and Christians are one branch and Muslims are another... all part of the same tree." I love that and I love Shaban. He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment