Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Guardian Angels at Work

This majestic guy was eating and resting very close to the road and his mate (presumably) was under another tree nearby.  She was panting heavily so we assumed that she had provided his meal and was exhausted, while he was loving life. It was an unbelievable sight.

Before I got to Africa, I was seriously concerned that I wouldn't be able to see a lot of the animals due to my macular degeneration, but amazingly, we saw elephants, baboons, giraffes, and more right by the road! Chris, Brenda, and even our guide said that it was very unusual to see so many so close. But I explained to all of them why we were so lucky.
Since Mom joined Dad in heaven they have become my guardian angels. My previous angel was a man named Harry who, with his wife, were dear friends of my parents when I was a little girl. They were quite a bit older than Mom and Dad and I'm not even sure how often we saw them after leaving Dallas when I was four. So I digress, but Harry is also still in the mix.

Anyway, since Mom died, my life has run so smoothly that it's almost creepy. From moving to Katy and making so many new friends to no glitches on any trip I've taken since, I've been incredibly blessed and I attribute it all to my guardian angels. I'm pretty sure Dad was in charge of the safari and brought all those animals up to the road so I could see them. So it wasn't just a coincidence or good luck... it was my guardian angels hard at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment