Sunday, January 24, 2016

Beer Can Appreciation Day, Compliment Day, and Peanut Butter Day




Today I celebrated all three days. The photo is of the beer can house in the Heights... the dangling stuff is made of pop tops and the front gate is beer cans. It's a real treasure!

I met Sage, my new mentee, this afternoon at Krause House. I was subtle, but paid her as many compliments as I could think of. She's the polar opposite of Hope... believes in God, wanted to listen to gospel music instead of hip hop, and very rarely gets in trouble. She was very vocal about doing the right things, being kind to others, and focusing on her goals. Almost to the point that it sounded like she was just regurgitating what she's learned in therapy. But matters not because the more she states it, the more likely she is to believe it. I really enjoyed our time together.

And tonight I had a big spoonful of peanut butter, so there you go... three celebrations in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment