Saturday, January 2, 2016

National Science Fiction Day

I know, I know... this one is a stretch for me since I am NOT a fan of science fiction, but my other choices were Personal Trainer Awareness Day, Cream Puff Day, and Buffet Day. I chose the one that didn't involve calories or something I have no experience with. And I learned something.

American author and Boston University professor of biochemistry, Isaac Asimov was born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov on January 2, 1920.   He was best known for his works of science fiction and for his popular science books and he died on April 6, 1992.

And also in celebration, I watched the movie Her tonight. That's about as science fictiony as I can do... a man falling in love with his operating system, who is much more human than Siri and falls in love with him, too. I think it was really stupid and wouldn't have persevered had it not been Science Fiction Day. It's gonna be a long year!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog, the name, and your picture. So very glad you are continuing. I read it first thing every morning. Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete