Sunday, January 17, 2016

Soup Month

Today is National Bootleggers Day and Hot Buttered Rum Day. I didn't really know how to celebrate the first and didn't want to buy the ingredients for the second, so I was delighted when I learned that January is National Soup Month (probably started by Campbell's).

Last week Kay and I went to a healthy cooking demonstration and one of the chefs has her own health food store. She brought many products to purchase, but I bought the bean soup jar. Three different kinds of beans and a spice packet were all I needed. I don't think I've had bean soup and cornbread since Mom made it and the package of cornbread mix in my pantry confirmed that. It was best used by sometime in 2012, but I tried it anyway. Everything was delicious and provided warm memories of Mom. A win-win, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment