Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hugging Day

Hugging has never been something I'm comfortable with, but the older I get, the easier it becomes. I visited Mason, my 1st grader mentee, this morning and am proud to say he was my first hug of the day. Today is also one of my traveling buddy's birthday and our other two pals were involved with grandchildren this evening, so I invited her out for happy hour. Then I secretly invited other friends to be at the restaurant when we got there and she was very pleasantly surprised. So I hugged all of them when we got there and they all hugged me as we left. I also hugged our waitress, but several ladies at our table commented that she rolled her eyes as I hugged her. Of course, they had all hugged her first, so she was probably annoyed at me for causing all this. I know I certainly would have been at her age. Matters not... I enjoyed each and every hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment