Saturday, June 11, 2016

Belmont Stakes

We didn't have a party for this race, but I did watch it, so that counts. I get so involved in the jockey stories that I always root for the one with the most inspirational story. The jockey riding Exaggerator, who won the Preakness, was recently released from an alcohol treatment center and was so proud of his sobriety. He lost, so I sure hope he doesn't go back to the bottle. That would be too sad!

I drove to the Heights for a late lunch with Roy, Sally, and Allison. The restaurants there are all different and cool and most are very good... no chains. Today was no exception, but it was mostly sandwiches, which of course, I can't bite into. I really didn't want to use a knife and fork, so just ordered a bowl of soup.  Still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment