Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Best Friends Day

As far back as I can remember, I've had a best friend. Junie Watson was the first in Victoria when I was 6, followed by Marilyn Brooks in elementary school (after we moved to Midland), Candy Combs in junior high, and Suzan Brown in high school. We moved every four or five years, but I was fortunate to always find a best friend. In college it was my roommate and once I moved to Houston, Shirley Andries took the spot for almost 40 years. In Heber Springs I was delighted to meet Gretchen who got me through the years with Mom.

I'm not really in touch with most of those friends anymore, but do still communicate regularly with Suzan, Shirley, and Gretchen. Since moving to Katy I don't really have one best friend, but more friends than I can count. My brothers, my cousins (and Kay), and my neighbors are all people I hold dear. And I thank God for all of them.

2 comments:

  1. You can tell who your long-term friends are....you talk and start conversations from when you last talked and carry on like it was yesterday. You are one of those friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell who your long-term friends are....you call them and pick up the conversation where you left off. You are one of those friends.

    ReplyDelete