Friday, June 24, 2016

Pralines Day

I thought this would be easy peazy since I'm in south Louisiana today, but not so much. My friend Suzan from high school, whose son died in April, is having his memorial service tomorrow. I rode over here with one of Suzan's dear friends, Karen O'Brien. And coincidentally she was married to Mike O'Brien who went to our high school. He and Charles were friends while Suzan and I were friends with his younger sister. Karen's husband and Suzan's husband (both Mikes) were friends from graduate school and both couples were close friends after that. Mike O'Brien died 12 years ago from ALS and she has remained in close contact with Suzan and Mike since then. She lives about 30 minutes from me and we had lunch last week to get acquainted, then drove over together today. And now she is a good friend of mine. What a small world.

But back to the pralines... I have to admit I forgot about it until we got back to our hotel, but they had alligator sugar cookies at the front desk and I made an executive decision to substitute a cookie for a praline (eat your heart out, Gretchen... it's delicious).

No comments:

Post a Comment