Monday, June 13, 2016

Kitchen Klutzes of America Day

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a klutz in the kitchen, but I'm sure a far cry from Julia Child. I don't think I've ever started a fire, but I've cut myself numerous times just trying to peel something. That's just not a skill I've mastered. Fortunately I don't really cook anymore now that I have access to so much good prepared food, so I'm very happy that I don't have to worry about it.

I went to the cardiologist today in accordance with the ER doctor's orders. I'm now wearing a hear monitor for 24 hours and then on Wednesday, go for a stress test and some other kind of test. Then back to the doctor next Monday. She was concerned about my low blood pressure. They took it four times and it averaged around 88 over 50... a bit lower than normal.  And as I was leaving, she said, "I don't say this to many people but you need to eat more salt." She also emphasized that I need to stay well hydrated, so I guess I have my homework. It took so long to eliminate salt from my diet that I'm not sure how to bring it back. Guess I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment