Friday, June 10, 2016

Iced Tea Day

I'm not really a fan of iced tea, but fortunately I went to a luncheon today at the clubhouse and had tea. Very happy I didn't have to buy it. The luncheon was a fashion show put on by Chico's, which is my favorite clothing store. After it was over I decided to go shop a bit and there were many ladies from the neighborhood in there. Smart move by Chico's. Also there was a woman at my table I didn't know. I just introduced myself as Penny and she instantly asked, "Are you Mary Helen's cousin?" Of course I answered yes and she said she went to high school with Mary and has stayed in touch with her ever since. I asked if she'd seen Mary lately, to which she replied, "Last Friday." She's married but is going to join our coloring group. Any friend of Mary's is definitely a friend of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment