Wednesday, June 1, 2016

What You Think Upon Grows Day


This is a day to celebrate positive thinking based on the birthday of Norman Vincent Peale.

My lip was fatter and sorer today and unfortunately, it was my last day to see the kids. They get out at noon on Thursday and have class parties tomorrow, so I had no choice. Any other week I'd have canceled. But the good news is that kids aren't easily grossed out and they didn't think much about it after I explained what happened. The bad news is that their aunt and grandparents were leaving when I came in and wanted to thank me for all I've done. It was very uncomfortable for me and I didn't really speak to them as much as I'd liked.

I went to the dentist this afternoon and although it wasn't good news, it could have been much worse. One of my front teeth was broken clean in half, just like a broken bone. The dentist said the only thing holding it in place is gum tissue. I was the last appointment and his financial lady was gone for the day, but she'll call me in the morning to discuss the difference in cost of an implant or a bridge. Happily, I was told that I will not ever be toothless no matter which option I choose. And with either I will have to have a surgeon remove the root of the tooth since it is embedded in the bone. But here's how I'm thinking positively... it could so easily have been more than one tooth. I'm a lucky girl!

Doctor appointment is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment