Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Smile Power Day

I had my stress test and echo cardiogram this morning and so had lots of opportunities to smile at all the people who helped me through it. I dressed comfortably with tennis shoes as instructed, but learned when I got there that I would not be using the treadmill. Apparently my doctor ordered a chemical stress test because she was concerned that I would get dizzy and fall on the treadmill. I know otherwise, but it wasn't my call. So chemicals were injected into my veins which caused stress to my heart. It was the weirdest unpleasant feeling I've ever experienced. Even though I was lying down, I felt like I was working out hard. Luckily it lasted less than 10 minutes, but took me almost 30 minutes to recover. I would much rather have been on the treadmill.

During the echo cardiogram, which is just an ultrasound if you're like me and have no clue, there was a trainee present. As it was happening, I looked at the screen and was pretty sure I saw a baby, but the technician assured me if it was, he'd call Oprah to do the interview. When he was done, he asked if the trainee could practice a bit. I told them since I had been a teacher, I certainly didn't mind helping a student. As the new guy took over, I did tell him that he was applying much more pressure than the first guy. And he was so appreciative. I smiled broadly and told him it was my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment