Tuesday, June 28, 2016

INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY

THIS DAY WAS CREATED IN 2000 TO POKE FUN AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. IT BECAME SO POPULAR THAT IT'S CELEBRATED TWICE A YEAR... TODAY AND ON OCTOBER 22. ACTUALLY, IN ORDER TO CELEBRATE, YOURE SUPPOSED TO NOT USE CAPS LOCK AT ALL. SO I FAILED.

And now back to sanity. I got a call this morning that Sage is leaving tomorrow for good to live with her aunt and uncle. I knew this was imminent, but didn't expect it so soon. So I quickly printed a picture of me to put into her goodbye card and headed to Pizza Hut for her favorite lunch. When I got there, she was so happy and beaming like I've never seen. As our visit progressed she got sadder and I explained that change is difficult, but I know she'll be fine. She said she hated to leave me, but I promised her that there will always be people in her life to mentor her, officially or not. It may be a teacher or a boss or just someone she meets along the way. And now I pray for her success. I'm so happy for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment