Monday, June 6, 2016

Eyewear Day

Now here's something I know a lot about. I've been grateful for glasses since I was eight. although by the time I was in high school, it was all about contact lenses, which I wore from 16 to 45 when I had Lasik surgery. My vision wasn't perfect, so had to go back to glasses. But it didn't bother me then because they weren't coke bottle thick.

Spectacles have been around for about seven centuries, but early versions were only worn by monks and scholars. It wasn’t until the the printing press was invented in 1452 and more people were learning to read that the demand for eyewear grew. Bet you didn't know that.

I'm happy to report that my mouth surgery went very well this morning and was much easier than the dental work last week. I had no idea but sure am thrilled about it. When the doc was out of the room I snapped a pic of my X-ray. Pretty clean break, huh? Thank God it was just the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment