Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Aunt and Uncle's Day

I had some great aunts and uncles when I was young and am grateful for all of them. But all are gone now except for my favorite, Aunt Amelia, my dad's youngest sister. Even though she had twelve children of her own, she has always made my brothers and me feel like we were just as special as her own kids. And she still does. Every time Joe and Rob come to visit, she takes us all out to lunch and still laughs at all our dumb jokes. Her husband, Uncle Tommy, was also a gem. He was my confidant and friend when I moved to Houston in my 20's and I will never forget him. He and Kitty (Amelia) were the parents I'd have wanted if I couldn't have had my own. I am so blessed and lucky, let's face it, to have been born into the Wiggins family. I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment