Saturday, July 16, 2016

Fresh Spinach Day

Yes! Finally a healthy day that I love. Maybe I have selective memory, but I feel like this is the first time this year that I'm celebrating something I love to cook. Granted I don't like to cook, but spinach  sautéed in garlic is my favorite vegetable that I can make. So a salmon patty with spinach and couscous made for a great dinner with a nice Chardonnay.

This afternoon I went to Krause House with two of my neighbors to decorate cookies with all 60 girls. Fortunately we do it in four groups or it would be utter chaos. And I was happy to meet my new mentee, Bryanna. I'm scheduled to meet her formally on Wednesday, but was happy to scope her out ahead of time. She's very pretty and seems really sweet, but I'm no dummy... she's there for a reason. I probably shouldn't have said anything because when I told her I was going to her mentor, she was very surprised, but also visibly happy. Fingers crossed nothing changes between now and Wed. or I'll feel mighty awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment