Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Eat Your Jello Day


I couldn't believe it but when I looked in the pantry, I just happened to have one package of Jello. Seriously, who keeps Jello if you don't have kids or grandkids? I finally figured out that it had to be left over from my last colonoscopy and that was at least three years ago. I also had a banana, so put it in as well. And I couldn't help but remember my childhood with Jello and fruit cocktail. I'm pretty sure it was a staple in our household, although I remember when Mom started giving us Whip N' Chill (I had to google whipped pudding) with fruit instead of Jello. And I was in heaven... Whip N' Chill had it all over Jello and she had these little plastic cups that she put in the refrigerator, so we all got our own equal servings. Equal servings were a huge deal when I was a kid. If two of us were going to split something, the rule was one kid cuts and the other one picks. I NEVER wanted to be the cutter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment