Saturday, July 23, 2016

Vanilla Ice Cream Day

I decided to cheat just a tad today because I saw vanilla caramel swirl and thought that sounded much more exciting than plain ol' vanilla and since it had the word "vanilla" in it and was fewer calories than the others, it was a go. When I got home and tried it, it just wasn't as good as I had hoped. Since of course I was eating right out of the carton, I looked at the name again and realized I'd bought gelato. And just so you know... ice cream is so much tastier!

I visited Brianna this morning and took all of my coloring supplies. She really enjoyed it and said she wants to color every week, which is fine by me. I read when I first started teaching that when you want a kid to talk to you, it's much easier if you're doing something together rather than just trying to talk face to face. And I realized very quickly how true that was. So we talked the whole time and I'm happy to say I felt she was pretty open and honest. I asked if she believed in God and she said, "Not really." With the hand she's been dealt in life, I can certainly understand that. I told her that I'll never try to inflict my beliefs on her, but did add that life is really easier if you believe. That was just dipping my toe into the water and as time goes on, I'll slip things in little by little. Can't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment