Friday, July 22, 2016

Spoonerism Day

I had to look this one up although I knew it at one time. A spoonerism is a phrase in which some sounds are mixed up, either accidentally or intentionally, named for the famous Oxford don, William Archibald Spooner. This absent-minded professor was born on July 22, 1844 and became known for his habit of mixing up sounds. A good example is "Is it kissstomary to cuss the bride?" However, my favorite that I found refers to a playing card... whore of farts.

This morning I had my hair cut and colored and should possibly take a responsible adult with me the next time. I let the stylist do what she wanted and now I've gone very short and much darker. So far I'm avoiding the mirror as much as possible because I can only see a different person. Not ready to post a pic yet, so just imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment