Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Cabbage Day

I'm really disappointed in myself because today was also Random Acts of Kindness Day and I failed to do something that seemed so simple. The only thing that came to me off the top of my head was to pay the bill for someone behind you in a line. When it came right down to it, I'm not really sure how to do that. I was in line at Trader Joe's and noticed the man behind me. He only had a few items (although that shouldn't matter) and appeared to have more money than me (also shouldn't matter). But I didn't know what to do. I mean, do you stand there and wait until he has his total and then jump back in? I feel fairly certain that he wouldn't have accepted and probably would have thought I was crazy. So I let it go.

The only other place I went today was my insurance agent's office to discuss my coverage for the coming year. I did thank him profusely for even inviting me in to do it because no other agent I've ever had in 40 years has done that. I also said that I'm certain the reason he does it is to up coverage instead of lowering it, but that's why I was there and he didn't put the hard sell on me, so I really was grateful. But that doesn't count.

And then I was stumped! I'm still clunking around in my big boot, although my pain is almost gone... praise be to God. So I didn't want to wander the neighborhood looking for someone to help. And that's why I'm disappointed. I don't think I should have to work at how to perform random acts of kindness, so this is my new mission... be observant and try to do it whenever I can. And sadly, I might need to research how to do it. I'm embarrassed!

So I bought some cabbage slaw and made a big salad for dinner. Not a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment