Saturday, February 27, 2016

Strawberry Day

You know what? Strawberries are one of those things that are really good when they're perfectly ripe, but not so great when they're not. Although I usually buy the latter, today was a goldmine. Not only were they juicy and sweet, but they were also huge!!! I bought some Lite Cool Whip to dip them in and had a delicious dessert after lunch.

For Glory and Simon it was Dead Squirrel Day. Fortunately it wasn't recently dead, but flat as a pancake and crunchy like... well, like squirrel bones. Simon had a little, but Glory got the big prize and refused to obey the "Drop it" command.  I managed to get half of it out of her mouth (only because I was wearing gloves), but she had quite a nice breakfast. But I showed her... only a smattering of dog food when we got home. I doubt seriously that she learned her lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment