Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Umbrella D

Another beautiful day in Katy, Texas and I didn't need an umbrella. But FYI, the word is derived from the Latin word "umbra," which means shadow or shade.  The first known use was in 1834, but I can't believe it wasn't earlier. Somebody should have figured that out.

But enough about the umbrella. I got my eye patch off this morning and I feel like I can already see as well as I was before, so that's a good sign. Maybe it will get better in a week or two.

I also saw a podiatrist about this pain in the bottom of my foot. After x-rays, he said he could see osteoporosis in my foot and suggested a bone density scan. His diagnosis was bone stress, which sounds to me like he has no clue. But he told me to wear a boot for two weeks, which I have no intention of doing, but I must admit, walking with the boot is much easier than without it. Unfortunately it's my right foot so I can't drive with it and I'm not going to haul it around to put on when I get out of the car. But I can wear it to walk the dogs and take advantage of the dog park. So... no biggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment