Sunday, February 28, 2016

Chocolate Souffle Day

I would have figured out another option if Kay hadn't been coming over this afternoon. She's my partner in sweets. Funny story: I ordered this from Carrabba's to go. I was so delighted when I realized they bring it to my car that I got a little careless. The total was $8.65 (totally worth it) so I gave the girl a bill and as she was walking away, I told her just to keep the change. When I got home I realized I'd given her a 20 and my instant reaction was to go back. And then I realized that I absolutely could not... I'm sure I made that girl's day. So was it worth $20? Pretty damned close.

When Kori got up from her nap, Kay realized she'd forgotten her flavored water.  I suggested clamato juice since I'd just had some with vodka (thank you Tommy Lyons and Frank Wiggins). Actually the face she made when she first tasted it was much worse than this, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera. This was several minutes later. Kay finally appeased her with some chocolate souffle cake. And I felt terrible that I'd even made such a stupid suggestion. But her mother should have known better. And the worst part was that we laughed. Mea culpa!

1 comment:

  1. It was one of those things that you had to have been there!! She really hated it but her expression was priceless!! The chocolate was out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete