Monday, February 1, 2016

Freedom Day

February 1, 1865 was the day that Abraham Lincoln signed a joint Congress resolution that outlawed slavery. It wasn't ratified by the states until December of that year and later became the 13th Amendment to the Constitution. In June of 1948 (the year of my birth) Harry Truman signed a bill proclaiming February 1st as the official National Freedom Day. Little history lesson there... you're welcome.

Totally off subject... I went to the eye doctor today for my pre-op appointment because I'm having a cataract removed from my wet macular degeneration eye next Tuesday. She's not real hopeful that it will make much difference, but her rationale is to remove anything that could possibly be a cause of my poor eyesight, other than the MD. And I'm with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment