Monday, March 21, 2016

California Strawberry Day

I happened to have some strawberries in the fridge, but had thrown away the container, so not 100% that they were from California. But they looked just like these which are from CA, so I'm assuming.

Spring break is over and Thomas came back today. I have to admit, I missed that little kid. And I don't care what anybody says about Common Core, I like it because it works. This is a boy with limited math skills, but he can now subtract three digit numbers by drawing a model, using an open number line, and the old fashioned way (which was the last method taught). And he understands what it all represents, rather than just memorizing a set of rules. Just because parents can't understand it, doesn't mean they should demonize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment