Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mom and Pop Business Owners Day

I can't go to the elementary school this week due to state testing, so was thrilled to look at my calendar this morning and see NOTHING! It was kind of a crappy day, so I painted a light fixture that I'm hoping to have hung very soon. Then, because of the day, I loaded the dogs in the car (Simon loves to ride, Glory goes along because she doesn't want to be left home alone) and headed to the groomer. The woman that owns it is just lovely and I never buy anything there because she's more expensive than Costco or Amazon.  So I was so excited to find a basket of sweet potato chews that I used to buy from Amazon, but quit when I found something cheaper. And they were 50 percent off, so I bought the last three bags. I told her about the national day and she said she hates it when her husband calls it a mom and pop business. I suggested she tell him about the business it brought in today (I spent $34), but I doubt she will.

So the dogs are happy and now I'm headed to a neighbor's to watch The Voice. Love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment