Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spinach Day

Oh my gosh, what a day I've had. I met Kay at Federal Grill for lunch before we headed downtown to see Cabaret. We were both stopped by a train on our way to Federal, which already set us back a little timewise. Our lunch was great, but we had some issues getting to the theater. We got stopped by another train, which wasn't moving, so kept finding side streets to avoid the stoppage. Then, for some reason, we had a horrible time finding our way to the parking garage... maybe because we were coming a different way due to our detours or maybe because we had a couple of drinks at lunch (I'm going with the former). We found a parking place with 10 minutes to spare and hustled our way to the theater. When we presented our tickets, the very nice lady pointed out that they were for the evening performance and not the matinee. The two tickets cost $253 plus $10 for parking and I'm the one that bought them. Oops!!! I did give the tickets to the lady in the ticket booth and told her to offer them to someone else since they were very good seats. And Kay couldn't have been nicer, saying that she makes those kinds of mistakes regularly.  Because I'd had two glasses of wine with lunch, I wasn't horrified, but suggested that we do something else. She agreed.

So I texted Roy and asked if he wanted to meet us somewhere in the Heights for beers. It was a beautiful day and he was agreeable, so we sat outside, drank some beer, and had some fun (lemonade out of lemons). Kay had never met Roy so I'm glad it happened and he even bought the beer. What a guy!

So for Spinach Day, I had spinach in my smoothie for breakfast, a spinach salad for lunch, and cooked spinach with my dinner. I'm not exactly sure we had $253 with of fun, but at least it wasn't a disaster and I ate spinach all day. God love Kay!


No comments:

Post a Comment