Sunday, March 13, 2016

Good Samaritan Day

I was a little worried about today until I read the description which said to make an effort to help someone who is struggling or having a problem.  Easy-peasy, since this was my day to visit Sage. Three out of the last four weeks, she's been sad or depressed when I got there and today was one of those days. She's close to being able to leave, but is worried because she won't have people like me or her therapist in her life anymore. I explained that her positive energy (which is so strong when she's happy) works like a magnet and that she will continue to attract people like us to her. Whether it's a teacher or someone she meets at church, there will always be people to guide her as long as she's receptive to it.

We started working a puzzle and by the time I left, she was happy again. She told me I always cheer her up and I explained that she does the same for me. I know I'm helping her, but she has no idea how much she helps me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment