Tuesday, March 22, 2016

World Water Day

World Water Day is a day we need to focus on the importance of fresh water. I spent a little time researching for organizations I could donate to and then had an ah-hah moment. Charles, Karen, and John do so much good in Tanzania by distributing water filters, so what better way to celebrate this day than by donating to the One Book Foundation. And I feel like I made the best choice possible honoring them and their work.

And this is Mason, my 1st grade mentee. We were playing Jenga (which drives me nuts), but only had a few minutes left, so I challenged him to build the tallest tower he could. He was so proud and asked me to take his picture. We're not supposed to, but I just couldn't resist. I actually wanted to video him while he was telling me a story, but then realized that is what all parents and grandparents do. And now I get it.  Probably a good thing I don't have any. I'd be obnoxious on social media.


2 comments:

  1. And we thank you so very much. We now supply clean fresh drinking water to over 15,000 people every day through the filters we have sold and given away. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete