Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Brother's Day

This is actually a day for brothers to connect, but it also said sisters could get involved, too. These are my three knuckleheads (as evidenced by the photo) and I love them all dearly.  I'm pretty sure we grew up with typical sibling experiences and in early adulthood, we still weren't close. Always happy to be together, but just not close. That all changed when our dad got sick and died shortly thereafter. We bonded in a way I never thought possible and I'm so grateful that such a wonderful blessing came from Dad's death. Joe and Rob are coming for Memorial Day weekend and I'm hoping to visit Charles in Tanzania within the next year. As Charles once stated, I won the lottery when I was born into this family. Okay, actually he said it about him, but I feel exactly the same way. Love my bros!

No comments:

Post a Comment