Sunday, May 15, 2016

Chocolate Chip Day

Whew! I lucked out on this one. I didn't really want to buy a bag of chocolate chips or even chocolate chip cookies, but at Trivia last night, one of my teammates brought homemade cookies. After sampling last night (just to make sure they were good), I wrapped one up and had it it for breakfast. Yum!

I saw Sage today and she is on the downhill slide to going home. An aunt and uncle came down from Fort Worth to visit her last weekend and Friday they came to take her out for an overnight visit. She was so happy about it all when I first saw her and then it all proceeded south.  At first she talked about what they did, then said that they talked to her at length about their expectations. And that's when she started changing. She wasn't happy that they were going to make her go to church. I explained that many teenagers don't like to be forced to go, but that I was and looking back, I'm so grateful that I was. That was the basis of my spiritual foundation and without it, I'd be a different person. So she moved on to the fact that someone will be with her everywhere she goes. And again I explained that because she was a wild child and a runaway, I would expect nothing less from them. I told her she has to earn their trust and I'm sure she'll do it quickly (she's 16 1/2 and thinks they'll do it until she's 18).  I finally asked if she was a little bit afraid of the change and she said yes. So I'll continue to let her vent and continue to assure her that what her aunt and uncle are doing is what any good parents would do. They love her and want her to be safe, whether she likes it or not. And in the meantime, I'll continue to pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment