Sunday, May 29, 2016

Paperclip Day

The first patent for a paperclip was issued in 1867 and that's all you need to know. I have a lot more to talk about today.

While the bros were here I slept on an air mattress in the study and I slept very well the first night. But last night was a different story. Since I have low blood pressure, my doctor has advised me to sit on the side of the bed for 10 or 15 seconds before I stand up and I've been doing it faithfully. But this morning about 2:30 I had to get up to use the facilities and stood up from the floor, basically. I felt a little dizzy, but when I got to the bathroom I fell on my face. My front teeth cut my lip in two places and one of my teeth is really loose (and of course I can't do anything about that till Tuesday). I got up slowly and then sat on the toilet and the next thing I remember was lying on the floor with toilet paper in my hand. I know, TMI. Again I carefully got up and was washing my lip when I fell again. It was just so weird, like I had no control over my body. I fell one more time, but fortunately, three feet from my mattress, so I crawled the last bit. Needless to say, I never went back to sleep.

Everyone was leaving this morning and when I told them what happened, Mary Jane really felt bad about going.  But I said I'd go to the ER because I really thought I needed stitches. There's one close by and I was one of only three people there so got very good attention. After blood work, an X-ray, an EKG, and a CAT scan, there really wasn't anything dramatic that was wrong. And then I remembered this exact thing happened to me about six years ago in Heber. And my doctor couldn't find anything wrong then either. This doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital overnight for observation, but I wasn't having it. I promised her I'd come back if anything else happened. And she said I got there too late for stitches because my lip was already starting to heal. Fine by me.

So I've rested all afternoon and think I'll be okay, but I will follow up with my doctor as I was advised. So I apologize for all of this, but since it consumed my day and there just wasn't much to say about paperclips... there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment