Monday, May 23, 2016

Lucky Penny Day

I thought I had this one in the bag because, let's face it, you can't exactly strike out to find a lucky penny, so I was just going to write about how lucky I am naturally. But noooo, it was an unlucky day in more ways than one. First of all, I went to my Walmart Neighborhood Market yesterday and when you check out (I was at the self checkout) with a Discover card, you can get cash back. So I asked for $60 back. This morning I realized that I neglected to get my $60. So I went back today, thinking it would be hopeless, and the lady said if I had my receipt, they would honor it (whaaat?). I was delighted, so when I came home and started looking through the trash for my receipt and couldn't find it, I presumed that I didn't get that either. Sixty bucks down the tubes... dammit!

Then I met Roy for lunch and had a beautiful grilled shrimp salad. I purposefully left half of the shrimp so I could bring the salad home and finish it for dinner. The restaurant was a half hour from here and when I was halfway home, I realized I didn't have the doggy bag. To be fair to me, I'm pretty sure the waitress didn't bring it back out. But again, dammit! I'm a very cheap person and these two incidents alone are killing me. So much for Lucky Penny Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment