Sunday, December 18, 2016

Answer the Phone Like Buddy the Elf Day

When the phone rang, I had to say, "Penny, the elf. What's your favorite color?" Fortunately, Kay was the only one who called and she doesn't even react to my crazy days. It could have been an embarrassing situation, but it helped that it fell on a Sunday.

The big news here is winter!!! Yesterday it was over 80 degrees and when I went out with the dogs this morning, it was 34 with a wind chill of 22. The wind was very strong and I was completely bundled up, as was Simon. But Glory absolutely loves the cold! She has a pretty heavy coat and wanted to go in and out all day. And our afternoon walk wasn't a whole lot better because the wind is still kicking butt. Tomorrow will be worse, but then the warm up begins. Man, I don't know why all those people in the north don't move south. This sure makes me appreciate summer a whole lot more. So if you're in very cold weather tonight, as most of the country is, stay inside!!!

I took Brianna her Christmas presents today and I have rarely seen such joy on a teenager's face. All I gave her was a pink fluffy robe, a stuffed dog, a calendar, and a pair of socks, but she acted like I gave her a pot of gold. She immediately put the robe on and as we colored, she held the dog the whole time. It really feels good to make someone that happy and for that, I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment