Friday, December 23, 2016

Festivus

Festivus is the day celebrated by George Constanza's father on Seinfeld. He called it "Festivus for the rest of us!" A Festivus Miracle is a frequent if unimpressive miracle. And we had a miracle today, but I think it was actually impressive. Rob came in this afternoon and we went out to dinner with my friend, Patti, who went to high school with Mary Helen, and her husband. We had good food, beverages, and conversation. As we were walking back to the car, I tripped on a small step in the sidewalk, but there was a maybe 12 or 13-year-old boy standing there and I caught myself by putting my hand on his shoulder. And to make it all better, his dad even told me that another son had also tripped in the same spot.  Here's to Festivus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment