Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Crossword Puzzle Day

I normally work one puzzle every morning, but to celebrate today, I worked two! The rest of my morning went downhill after that. I had to make a run to Costco and I wanted to get gas at their pumps first. All lanes were full, so I stopped to purview the situation. When I saw a lane opening up, I headed over and then heard a loud bang. I was bumfuzzled as I couldn't imagine what had just happened... until I saw the car immediately to my right that I had hit. This has been my biggest fear as I age. Not major accidents on the freeway, but rather fender benders in parking lots. Let the games begin! The Asian lady who I hit really wanted to call the police, but fortunately the attendant came over and said that all we needed to do was exchange information. I told her that I took full responsibility, but she was so wary. I finally got away, finished my shopping, and came home to file the claim. Then I called her to explain that my insurance would handle everything. I did dent her front fender and only scraped the bumper on my car. I haven't filed an auto insurance claim since maybe 1982, so was happy to learn there's an app for that. I upload photos, they make an estimate and send me a check. Sounds like a plan!

I spent the afternoon at Krause House painting tee shirts with the girls, which was just what the doctor ordered. Then home to walk the dogs before heading to a neighbor's for a glass of wine. Now I'm happy to be home and looking forward to bedtime. Roller coaster of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment