Friday, December 2, 2016

International Sweater Vestival

This one seems weird, but I wore a sweater vest to our Friday evening dinner. Luckily it's cold enough now to do that (upper 50's) so it felt good to finally be pulling out a few winter clothes.

I stayed home today to try and get my outdoor Christmas decorations up before the rains came. I felt like this was the best day to do it because Elia, my cleaning lady, was here and able to check on me periodically to make sure I didn't fall off the step stool. There once was a time when ladders were the problem, but I've been demoted to step stools. Anyway, I never know how it's all going to look until nightfall, but I'm happy to report that it looks pretty damn good. But since the rain has started, I can't post a photo until another day.

I also stayed home because I'd ordered an electric fireplace/entertainment center from Costco that  was scheduled for delivery this afternoon. When I ordered my TV from Costco, they came in, set it up, and made sure it was working, so I was really excited for this delivery. But I'll be damned if UPS only unloaded three big boxes into my garage. Thankfully Elia could help me (or truth be told, I helped her) get them into the house. We started unpacking the boxes only to find that the entire thing has to be assembled. Dammit! So I made a call to my handyman and am waiting for him to call back and let me know when he can put it together. And then, that's another pic I'll post. I feel like a kid getting a big Christmas present that Mom and Dad can't put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment