Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Ice Cream Day

I know... doesn't sound right in December, but it's true. This is also National Cocoa Day, but since it's been the 70's here all day, I just didn't want to drink cocoa. I didn't really want to buy any ice cream either, but I lucked out. One of the Winettes had a wrapping party this afternoon. She made a big pot of soup (thinking it would be colder today) and we brought over our gifts to wrap, along with wine and munchies. This was definitely the beginning of a new tradition. I only had a few presents to wrap for Brianna, my 15-year-old mentee, but I really don't like wrapping anymore. So one of my friends did it for me! We ate, drank, wrapped, and played a game... it was great! But back to the ice cream. I asked if anyone had ice cream at home and was actually surprised to learn how many did. But my closest neighbor had some Weight Watchers bars in her freezer and after all I had eaten, decided that was the best choice. Fun day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment