Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

In 2016, we recognize the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7. There were more than 3,500 Americans who died or were wounded on that solemn day. I very recently saw a woman on TV who was a child then and remembers actually seeing the faces of the pilots in the fighter planes. I suppose I've heard that before but it never hit me like it did this time. It's hard to imagine that she even survived. It's just a reminder to always remember what happened that day and how it shaped our country.

My happy news today is that I got a new electric fireplace/media center and just in the nick of time. The next few days will be very cold here (by Houston standards) and I need all the heat I can get. My circulation seems to get worse every year and so I'm thrilled to have a place to warm my hands whenever I need to. Just hoping this won't drive my electric bill up, but I may just bite the bullet and pay up. And I'm going to New York in February?  

No comments:

Post a Comment